Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm no poet but I love my mom. I really do. We're close, closer than most mothers and their children maybe. My mother is the greatest human being I know. As a person, she is kind, generous, wise and patient. She is a woman of great faith and strong principle. She raised me all by herself without a problem. Her strength and character are an inspiration.

More than that, I consider her my best friend. I can tell her anything. I tell her my hopes and my fears and she always knows what to say and how to say it. Anything bad happens, I know who to go to. I'm a regular momma's boy but can you blame me when I have the best mom in the entire world? I'm the luckiest person in the world. A shlub like me doesn't deserve her attention. I want to make something of myself, I want to make her proud. It's the only thing I can do and the only thing she ever asks of me.

I tell my mom, "I don't say I love you enough." She tells me, "Ayaw pauwan ha!"

1 comment: