Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Regesta Ergo Sum

Here's a funny story.

My friend sent me a message telling me a professor was looking for me which struck me as odd since I wasn't enrolled in his subject. I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of stomach. I looked at my midterm assessment slip and sure enough, I was enrolled in the wrong subject. Worse, I wasn't enrolled in one of the classes I was taking at all. I was supposed to be enrolled in a four unit subject but got a two unit one instead; one I had already taken.

It turns out the subject number I enrolled was wrong. An honest mistake but now, the penance. A little of the old fashioned walk of penitence; bureaucratic legwork and petition letter shuffling. Wrote a letter to the Registrar only to be told I had to make it out to the Vice President of Academics and then they would endorse it. It's midterms so I guess I need the approval of the higher ups. Fair enough, I've had worse rounds with this game.

This reminds me of the time I had to take the final exams of a certain class during my undergrad years but discovered on the week of the exams that I hadn't enrolled at all. It was miraculously sorted out but it must be mentioned that the Vice-President of the College of Arts and Sciences used to be the Dean of my department. That probably had something to do with it. Connections man, that's the society we live in. That class. by the way, was Philosophy.Do I really exist? Whatever.

The more important question is: Am I enrolled in this damned class?

No comments:

Post a Comment