Monday, February 7, 2011

Teh Secret

My mother got around to reading this book called The Secret. I asked her what the book was all about and what she said was basically this: If you want to achieve something, you must think that you are achieving it or have achieved it already. It's basically a book about positive thinking.

I am now a male supermodel genius guitar virtuoso with a six pack and a Ferrari. Hmm, I guess it didn't work.

Silliness aside, positive thinking isn't some new age babble. I believe there really is power to positive thinking. If we think positively, it can help us get the confidence necessary to move forward. Being negative practically assures failure. Negativity leads to despair and then perpetual stagnation and apathy. I must think positively. There's still half a semester to go. I can't give up yet.

I mean, getting the looks, the skill, the women, the cars and the money isn't technically a flat-out impossibility right?

A man can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment