Friday, April 24, 2009

Crank: High Voltage

I went to the theatre the other day to watch Crank: High Voltage, it's an action/parody/humor/whatever kind of movie. I didn't see the first Crank movie so I missed out on some of the past references in the second but it doesn't matter really. I thought this movie was pretty good for an incoherent mess.

The movie has a simple premise. Chev Chelios fell out of an airplane, had his heart stolen by the Chinese triads, replaced by a battery he needs to charge often and he goes of to get his heart back. The film features a lot of over-the-top violence and when it's not busy showing you people getting shotguns rammed up their assholes, it features copious amounts of sex, tits and ass while you wait for even more violence. This movie is non-stop and the guns and tits just keep coming every second. Forget about pacing, this movie rams action and tits and ass and guns and sex and bullets and fists and electricity scene after scene after scene every minute. It's so over-the-top, the hero has to literally shock himself to recharge his temporary heart battery and stay alive. Hell, the hero even has a guy with Tourette's Syndrome and an Asian whore as his sidekicks sort of. He even talks to a SEVERED HEAD.

In the end, I can't decide if I liked this movie or not. On one hand, I found it funny and it rocked my socks off. On the other hand, it's whole instant gratification thing and reliance on gratuitous violence,tits and ass is an insult to my intelligence but hey, I was kind of expecting something like this so no disappointment here. The only people who should watch Crank: High Voltage are those who can live on violence and tits alone or those who really know what they are getting themselves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment