Monday, May 5, 2014

Your Prize? Cheesecake!

Triss And Her Pussycat
I've been on an RPG game binge lately and I just completed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. What you see above you is a "romance card". In The Witcher, whenever you have sex with a female NPC, you get one. Each card depicts the NPC in a naughty pose; most of which are in the nude (the one above is one of the tamer ones). They're pretty much souvenirs of your character's sexual conquests.

Why mention this? Well, if one is to discuss The Witcher video game, the subject of the "romance cards" will inevitably come up. Some people find it crass and childish while while others enjoy it for its unapologetic fanservice. 

I can see why many find it misogynistic. You know, the whole "reducing women to sex objects" thing. Well, thank God then that I'm able to remember that The Witcher is just a video game. You know, feminists whining about misogyny in video games annoy me. If a game is misogynistic, so what? It's a work of fiction. Have a little faith that people have enough intelligence to determine that the 3D characters on their monitor aren't real people much less things to actually emulate. It's a bit of a stretch to think people who play a game like The Witcher will then suddenly want to kill monsters and have sex with elves. Save the feminism for matters of public policy and out of my games. I finished the game and I didn't turn into a chauvinist pig overnight. 

I'm still just a regular pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment