Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lotto Arigato

To be truthful, I don't know if I really want to be a lawyer. I've had my doubts since the very beginning. I just stuck to it because I felt not to do so would also be catastrophic. Will I even make it?

Anyway, one thing that puts my mind at ease is to buy a lottery ticket. It may be unreasonable and even irrational to consider winning the lottery as a back-up plan and it may be especially absurd to even think there's even a chance to get just half the numbers right but ...yeah, I got nothing.

The jackpot, as of this writing, is one hundred fifty million pesos. The lottery is run by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, a government agency whose mission is to "raise funds" for medical welfare programs. They can call it whatever they like. The lottery is the means by which the government taxes poor people. But still, a small chance of winning is better than none. Lottery is actually a form of gambling so it annoys me sometimes how government officials and the church are so high and mighty on how immoral gambling is while at the same time lauding the "charity" sweepstakes but I digress.

I know it's stupid but I'm gonna buy a ticket every now and then anyway, goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment