Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Expendables

I saw The Expendables today with some friends which was unusual since I almost always watch movies alone. Anyway, it was a fun movie.

The movie stars Stallone, Statham etc. look it up. It pretty much has a cast full of action heroes from Jet Li to "Stone Cold". It's pretty much an all star cast, an action movie fans dream. Curiously it didn't have Van Damme and Seagal but its probably for the best.

I won't spoil anything because there's nothing to spoil. The "story" doesn't even need consideration. Something about a South American dictator, his idealistic daughter and the CIA? All you need to know is that a lot of stuff blows up, a lot of stuff that shouldn't be able to blow up blow up and a lot of people die mostly by stabbing.

The movie was so outrageous, it leaped beyond acceptable limits of disbelief at many points. I swear, Statham was riding the nose of an airplane while shooting people. A shotgun detonated a watch tower. Stallone decapitates a guy with one swing of a combat knife and so on. It was so over-the-top I laughed my ass off.

It was mindless, glorious violence and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment