Monday, January 4, 2016

Local Sources

I checked the papers and Internet and it seems Honor thy Father isn't being shown at my favorite theaters, or at least, the decent theaters I go to. Watching a movie in some second-rate theater is too unpleasant an experience. I don't want to sit for hours on smelly cushions in between loud, obnoxious people ever again.

With luck, perhaps I can find a "sample" of the movie in a local shop (or dingy back alley) to bring home for... -ahem- private non-profit screening. It might not benefit the local film industry and would actually be harmful to it but the way I see it, I can still do my patriotic duty to buy local. Rest assured, I will do my best to find a copy (re)produced right here in the Philippines, prepared and sold by native bootleggers with the finest homegrown ingredients.

Pinoy pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment