Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sons of the Revolution

I find it amusing that "Bongbong" Marcos is proving to be more intelligent that "Noynoy" Aquino. It's like the late Ferdinand Marcos' vengeance from beyond the grave. The late heroes' have messed up children while the dead dictator has a more competent one.

"Bongbong" is a silly nickname but I suppose you must do what you can to endear yourself to the unwashed masses. To be fair, "Ferdinand Marcos Jr." might not evoke the right feelings with the slower people. Nevertheless, he is not his father. I believe children should not be made to suffer for the sins of their father (or fathers if the case may be). 

I remember this one time when "Bongbong", I'll just call him Marcos Junior from now on or something, gave his speech during the trial of the former Chief Justice, I was actually impressed. He gave his reasons why he would not vote to impeach and said reasons were rooted in legal thinking, which was refreshing since the whole exercise seemed more and more an overdose of politics as usual.

Fate has a cruel sense of humor. The son of the hero is turning out to be the worst thing that's ever happened to us post-revolution. I'm not a big supporter of Junior but what if the savior of the Philippines turns out to be the son of the great villainous dictator?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment