Monday, November 19, 2012

Poor Man's SWTOR

Star Wars: The Old Republic, an MMORPG on the PC, went free-to-play recently much to the rejoicing of the anti-EA, anti-Bioware crowd. Well, good news for me since I used to pay and play for it.
 
When I reinstalled it to the PC, I was warned that a lot of the features I was used to would be cut and that I would need to subscribe to get them. Fair enough but goddamn, I wasn't expecting it to be so different.
 
I thought limited access to the end game content like dungeons and PVP would be enough but apparently, I need to pay for interface options like a second action bar. How am I supposed to kick ass with just one action bar? Unlike the mouth breathers that usually infest MMOs, I actually use more than two keys. I'd like to have all options on the table. Also, I need to pay to use the titles I earned, take of my helmet in cutscenes (seriously) and a bunch of other crap.
 
I know that since its free, I'm not really entitled to anything but come on, they could stand to have kept the interface stuff. Oh well.
 
Its time to rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment