Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SimShitty

The newest SimCity was just released and oh boy, I've read some bad things about it.
 
I'm a big SimCity fan. I've been a fan since I played the first one that came with a six-in-one pack of Simulators. SimCity 2000 and 3000 were both awesome but SimCity 4 is probably the best city simulator this wretched, unworthy planet deserves. Imagine how happy I was upon hearing the news that a new SimCity was coming and then imagine the soul-crushing disappointment that came when I learned it would be an  oversimplified, "multiplayer"(???) and always-online DRM piece of crap. The last one, I absolutely cannot stand.
 
Basically, you need to be always online to even play the game. Worse, the cities you make are saved on a cloud and you can't reload from different saves of the same city. The cities are small and you share the region with other players. What is it about games today that always jam multiplayer into everything. SimCity is one of those games people play alone because they're trying to build the mega city of their fucking dreams and don't need the input of a bunch of noob idiots.
 
I guess SimCity is an MMO now or something. Christ. First Hitman and now this.
 
Game over, man...

No comments:

Post a Comment