Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Commercials Non-Stop

When watching Philippine programs on TV, I notice that most of my time is spent watching commercials. A long time ago, commercials were just few in between. Now I think commercials make up most of the air time.

Blame it on big money. Ad revenue costs millions. Just to drive it home, there are mini-commercials that pop up under the show I'm watching! When did they start to do this? I don't remember commercials being this goddamn distracting. It's obnoxious, commercials for a shiny bottle of vinegar right under the show you are supposed to be watching! It's all commercials all the time now. Even the shows themselves are vehicles for product placement. Just another product in our materialist consumer culture.

CONSUME.

No comments:

Post a Comment